THE SPHERE OF ACTIVITY
Centre of Aeronautical Information («CAI») is a branch of Federal State unitary enterprise «State ATM Corporation» which is delegated the rights and authorities on assembly of aeronautical information, preparation and publication of AIP of the Russian Federation.
CAI guarantees to its customers a permanent provision of the aeronautical information necessary for maintenance of a safe, regular and effective international and national air traffic.
For preparation and publication of AIP and other national documents of aeronautical information CAI uses only the official information obtained only from state authorized aviation administrations.
CAI infrastructure includes divisions receiving and processing federal and international aeronautical information, international NOTAM office, cartography division, printing house and sales division.
AIP AND OTHER AERONAUTICAL PUBLICATIONS
The aeronautical information is published in the form of the Aeronautical Information Product of the Russian Federation consisting of the following elements:
- The Aeronautical Information Publication of the Russian Federation (AIP);
- AIP Amendments (AIP AMDT/AIRAC AIP AMDT);
- AIP Supplements (AIP SUP);
- Aeronautical Information Circulars (AIC);
- Checklists and Summaries.
Also CAI issues the aeronautical information manuals on domestic and international air routes which are not a part of the Aeronautical Information Product.
REQUIREMENTS TO THE EQUIPMENT AND SOFTWARE OF USERS
The version of electronic AIP is developed taking into account the minimization of requirements to the equipment and software of the user for display of the information. Besides the developers considered it necessary to save the usual form of the information representation, in that kind as it is published in paper documents. As a result, the current version of the electronic AIP can work in the following configuration:
BEFORE USING THIS PRODUCT, DEVELOPERS RECOMMEND YOU:
- Intel Core 2 Duo or higher;
- 16 MB RAM (32 MB recommended);
- Optical drive 16x SP CD/DVD ROM (if the CD-version is used);
- MS Windows XP, 7, 10 or higher;
- Internet-browser (MS Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Opera);
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher.
THE BASIC FUNCTIONS AND STRUCTURE OF AIP PAGES, AIC and AIP SUP VIEWING:
- Make sure that Internet browser with all necessary Internet settings has been installed on your PC;
- Make sure that Adobe Acrobat Reader has been installed on your PC;
- If you use CD-version of the AIP, make sure, that on your computer autorun from CD is resolved. Otherwise, execute start manually by means of a file index.htm;
- Make sure that your PC is connected to the Internet (if you using the Internet version of the product).
Elements of control (lifts, buttons, etc.) are in the "HTML" form. Pages of documents, with the appropriate data, are in the files recorded in "pdf" format. It is necessary to have Adobe Acrobat Reader program to read these data.
The window of a network browser is divided into two parts:
- Navigation part of AIP
It is in the left part of a browser window. AIP navigating frame is intended to show links to parts and sections of AIP electronic representation. The contents of this frame may change depending on a situation.
- Data Frame
This frame shows the information corresponding to the link chosen by the user in the navigating frame.